Williams Motor Co. (Holdings) Ltd, registered in England and Wales No. 00597708, takes its obligations concerning data protection and customer privacy seriously and is committed to ensuring that customer and employee privacy is protected.
The General Data Protection Regulation, incorporated in the UK by The Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act), requires us to provide important information about how we collect and process your personal data. We ask that you read this Privacy Notice as it contains important information you need to know.
The information within this Privacy Statement shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with the law of England and Wales and be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
For the purpose of the Act, Williams Motor Co. (Holdings) Ltd is defined as a data controller and its lead on data protection is Mr John Penney (Director of Finance), who can be contacted using the details below:
What does our company do?
Williams Motor Co. (Holdings) Ltd is an approved and fully accredited franchise motor dealer group, providing services including the sale of new and used vehicles, vehicle servicing, vehicle body repair and provision of genuine parts across all the brands it represents.
Williams Motor Co. (Holdings) Ltd
2 Vincent Way
What type information do we collect and process?
In order for us to provide products and services it is necessary for us to gather and receive necessary personal data. “Personal Data” is information about you which, either on its own or when connected with other data, allows us to identify you as an individual customer. The personal data we hold may include the following:
- Your full name and contact information (address, town, postcode, email and phone number)
- Your enquiry details and preferences regarding our products or services, such as vehicle brand or vehicle requirements
- Your telephone calls, emails and correspondence with us in relation to enquiries and negotiations
- Your marketing consents and preferences
- Your vehicle information (make, model, registration number and mileage)
- Your purchase details (including the selling and servicing location, date of purchase, purchase price, service history and funding method)
- Your proof of identity (valid driving licence and/or passport)
- Your credit/debit card details and/or bank account details to enable the fulfilment of your order and financial applications to deal with any queries or refunds
- Your image on security CCTV around our site
- Your photographic image taken during events
- Your work address and contact information
- Your feedback and survey results
- Your information that you voluntarily submit to us
- Your information necessary for legal compliance
- Your insurance company (if our work is part of an insurance claim)
- Your personal information gathered from surveys and competitions
Personal data from existing or prospective customers will be collected or passed to us for the purposes of fulfilment of a contract. However, some personal data may, where lawful to do so, or with your consent, be collected by us from third parties. Your personal information may be shared with other members of the Williams Group.
Please note that you are under no obligation to provide us with your personal data, but not providing certain data could prevent us from serving you.
Why do we need your personal data?
Williams Group processes personal data about you for a number of purposes, including:
- To contact you via telephone, email and by any other permitted method of correspondence
- To provide products and services
- To respond to requests and enquiries submitted via the website
- To provide car valuations in response to website requests
- For internal record keeping
- To undertake customer surveys
- To contact you regarding changes to our products and services and any product recalls
- To remind you about important dates, such as service/MOT due dates and warranty expiry dates
- For the management and administration of insurance claims
- To follow up with you after delivery/return of your vehicle to ensure your satisfaction
- For number plate recognition as part of our customer service and site security
- To process payments by credit/debit card or by using bank account details
- To remind or update you of progress or collection/completion dates
- To provide our services to you as requested or agreed
- To help us improve the services we offer
This list is not exhaustive and may be updated from time to time. We do not ‘trade’ your personal data and will never sell or rent your details.
Who will your personal data be shared with?
Williams Motor Co. (Holdings) Ltd is authorised by a select number of vehicle manufacturers to market, sell and supply specific franchise vehicles, parts, accessories and servicing, including body repairs. We may share your basic personal data, such as name, address and vehicle details with the relevant manufacturer to check availability, place a factory order, register any new or used warranty, and deal with any warranty claims and product recalls.
Your personal information may also be made available to third parties who are providing relevant services under contract to Williams Motor Co. (Holdings) Ltd, such as specialists in system recalibration, auditors, compliance managers, insurance companies, IT hosting, and maintenance providers. These companies may use information about you to perform their functions on our behalf in accordance with the services we have requested and contract terms imposed.
We may also disclose specific information upon lawful request by government authorities, law enforcement and regulatory authorities where required or permitted by law, including with your consent other third parties.
You have the right to review your personal data held by us and have inaccurate information about you corrected, however we may have other obligations that outweigh this right which may mean we cannot agree to your request. For example, we may be required to legally defend our activities.
To understand more about our data processing activities or to request access to your personal information, please contact our group lead on data protection using the details above.
How long do we keep your personal data?
Williams Motor Co. (Holdings) Ltd may keep your details on record for as long as it is necessary to meet record keeping requirements. They are then deleted in accordance with data protection and other applicable legislation.
Williams Group Website
Our website is powered by G-Forces Web Management Limited (GForces) a third party web services provider which is committed to ensuring data is processed in accordance with all applicable data privacy laws and is kept securely. GForces is certified to the standard of ISO27001 (an international standard for information security), uses Amazon Web Services Inc. as its cloud platform provider and data processed is stored on Amazon’s web servers in the EEA.
1. If you visit our website
When someone visits our website, GForces collects standard internet log information (your IP address, browser, and type of device) and details of visitor behaviour patterns (where you joined our site from, the path you take through our site and where you leave). These are stored against unique ids (which are strings of numbers). GForces collects this information for the legitimate business purpose of monitoring the number of visitors to the various parts of the site, the general geographic location of visitors and engagement levels, which in turn enables it to improve our website and services and provide business intelligence. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone and is kept indefinitely.
GForces also uses Google Analytics to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns, which are stored against unique ids (which are strings of numbers). GForces collects this information for the legitimate business purpose of monitoring website traffic and engagement levels, which in turn enables it to improve our website and the way we sell our vehicles and services. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone and is kept indefinitely.
2. If you use our enquiry forms
When you submit information using an online form, GForces processes the data collected and stores it for 31 days for the legitimate business purpose of enabling us to access the information and deal with your request (it is then kept for a further 14 days in GForces routine back-ups for business continuity purposes).
This data helps us to provide the best possible experience for our visitors. If you do not accept these terms in full, you must stop using our website immediately. Most parts of our site can be accessed even if your cookies are turned off, but you may find there are parts of the site which you cannot access if your cookies are turned off.
All correspondence including but not limited to, telephone calls and e-mails to Williams Motor Co. (Holdings) Limited or companies operating under trading names associated with Williams Motor Co. (Holdings) Limited, may be recorded and/or monitored for training and/or auditing purposes.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
Williams Motor Co. (Holdings) Ltd may change this Privacy Notice from time to time in order to reflect changes in the law.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s independent data regulator, the ICO, see details below.
ICO helpline 0303 123 1113
GDPR Privacy Notice 2018/01 – initial document approved by Mr Nick Cook (Managing Director)